Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lost and Found...

This is a poem called "Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep" by Steven Cummins which I had penned down somewhere and mislaid. I came across it suddenly today while flipping through the pages of a notebook and thought I'd share it...

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die.

A really beautiful poem...I think Mansa will agree.

7 comments:

  1. that was a beautiful poem..
    thanks for sharing
    keep smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not specifically a student of literature, it was a subject in school and I really enjoy reading so thats why I like it. What abt you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jubba dats my favourite poem!!! D one ur spsd to read at my funeral....rmmbr!!! This is so weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i just read d poem not the rest of it....oh n the poem was written by this World War II soldier who died at war....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful poem hons, that's how i would like to be remembered : ) love u...

    ReplyDelete